From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Frances
Denoncourt
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:06 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Outsourcing spooled file

Charles,

Yes, I keep wondering how the vendor would actually get our spooled
file and do something with it without an iSeries.
The vendor who prints our tax bills from a data file says they can use
a spooled file. I'm still wondering how. I am not the primary contact
for them. This is government, you know.

About the special print queue......well, my guess is we don't have
InfoPrint installed if it's optional. And, trust me, we won't be
spending the money for it.

 I asked another programmer who says I should look into creating PDF
directly from the 400 using Acrobat. Of course, he doesn't
know how....I
should ask another person. Waiting for a call back.

We are quite "frugal" here in the Treasurer's Office.
Thanks for your input.
Fran

message: 1
date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:12:21 -0500