     To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     From: "Jones, John (US)" <John.Jones@xxxxxxxxxx>
     Date: 12/08/2006 10:23AM
     Subject: RE: Saving the System i: Fight Rather Than Switch

     Well, since we're playing the name game it's actually Oracle
     EnterpriseOne.  :)

     One thing I didn't mention below was another concern.  If WebSphere
     moves off the iSeries, what's next?  When does the business logic leave
     the platform?  At what point will we decide to move the database off?
     At what point does the system get de-commissioned?  Personally, I fear
     if WAS moves off the iSeries then we'll be on the slippery slope that
     will lead to the eventual removal of the iSeries from our environment.

     John A. Jones, CISSP
     Americas Information Security Officer
     Jones Lang LaSalle, Inc.
     V: +1-630-455-2787 F: +1-312-601-1782