Hi Vern

It may or may not be rocket science, and in all probability it will turn out to
be something very simple but I do know it is frustrating as hell. We drag the
data from the iSeries fine but when we go to send it back is when it goes
wrong. The code I sent in my original message is where the error occurs.
Apparently there is nothing in ASP where you can define what a field should be,
or so I am told.

SQLINSERT="INSERT INTO mylib.myfile (NumField)"
SQLINSERT=SQLINSERT & " VALUES ("
SQLINSERT=SQLINSERT &"'" &NumField &"')"
set connupdate = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")
connupdate.open "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx.x;", "ABC", "ABC"
connupdate.execute(SQLINSERT)
connupdate.close

As far as the naming convention goes, if it shows *SQL should it not be *SQL?
Seems a little strange to me that you can set a value to one thing but it
displays something totally different.

I know next to nothing about ASP, my friend who does ASP is away until Monday,
so unfortunately I cannot get into the source. I will get the details from him
when he gets back.

Steve