several nice examples.

From: "Wilt, Charles" <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Short answer...No.

Long answer, SQL expects the query tool being used to provide the
summary rows you are looking for.

For a green screen equivalent, try Query Manager (STRQM). In query
manger, you'd specify the query as:
SELECT DISTINCT
TPROD,
TQTY,
TQTY * TSCST AS COLUMN0000
FROM
V40BPCSF.ITHL15 ITH
WHERE
TWHS IN( '11', 'HT' )
AND TTDTE BETWEEN &TTDTE1 AND &TTDTE1
AND TQTY <> 0
AND TTYPE IN( 'M', 'PR' )
AND TPROD BETWEEN &TPROD2 AND &TPROD2
AND TLOCT IN( 'INXT', 'RMDI', 'DWIP' )

Then in the Query Manager Form, you'd specify the Column usage as SUM.
When you run the query with the specified form, you'd get detail and
summary lines on the report.

Showcase should allow you the same capacity.

In order to get a results set that actually contains detail and summary
rows, you have to use a UNION.
SELECT DISTINCT
TPROD,
sum(TQTY),