     To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     From: Pat Barber <mboceanside@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     Date: 10/31/2006 04:49PM
     Subject: Re: CISC to RISC Circa 2006 (was RE: V5R4 upgrade from V5R3)

     They made such a big jump I really didn't want to
     tell them how dumb they might be.

     They are nice people and have done quite well using
     password security for a little over 12 years.

     I explained the level 40 to them and they said
     "Okey Dokey" and went back to work. The busines
     is very successful and they are marching on as we
     speak.

     The old box is still sitting there running
     it's little heart out.(9402-200)

     This is another success story that never makes
     the news and IBM doesn't even know these folks exist.

     I sent them their first PC this past week. Nobody has
     called to even ask how to turn it on.(the pc)

     The plan is to hook up the PC sometime next year.

     James H H Lampert wrote:

     > Security 10?!?!?
     >
     > Did you read them the riot act?
     >
     > I have a poster I designed many years ago about security
     > levels. I just stuck a PDF of it online
     > http://www.hb.quik.com/jamesl/SecOnAS400.pdf

     list