From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Tom Jedrzejewicz
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 8:38 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Zulu Time (was: Who else was awake at 2am this Sunday
babysitting thetime change???)

On 10/30/06, Holder, Ken <kkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Or even better (holding my breath) if we got ride of DST altogether
(turning purple). OK (breathing again) not going to happen anytime soon.

Actually, as this discussion went on in various forms over the last few
weeks, I started to wonder why the "local" time  is used at all.  I would
think that every system should keep a standard time (i.e.Zulu
time<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time>)
and present it in local time.

I would think this would be particularly useful for messaging systems, such
as MQ.

Any thoughts or comments?