Paul,

You might want to consider learning a little ASP.Net.  It's pretty easy to
do what you want with ASP.Net and it can also run natively on the iSeries
under Apache Tomcat.   Download the FREE Visual Studio 2005 version and
get the CA/400 ODBC or.Net driver installed and you're ready to go.

If you had made the Omni meeting a few weeks back I would have shared my
simple subfile-style samples with you :-)

Your questions could open a can of worms for the Net.Data, RPG, Java, ASP,
PHP and whatever..developers to give their two cents :-)

No matter what you do there will be a little learning curve.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 7
date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:45:34 -0400
from: pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx
subject: Web programming...Was PHP update and directions

   The Zend product may be the answer, but here's a fast question for the
   list:

   I've got a client who wants to be able to allow his customers to view
   information about their invoices over the web. If the customer wants to
   dispute one or more line items on the invoice, there should be a check
box
   next to each line item. When the customer finishes checking off the
   disputed items and presses a submit button, my client's company will be
   able to get a notification about this and pull up the account for
review.

   The back end is not a problem. What do you folks think might be a
simple
   was to facilitate the front end process?

   Thanks
   --

   Paul Nelson
   Arbor Solutions, Inc.