You are right, you need to be at security level 30 or less to do
automatic signon. At level 40, this does not work. At least, this is our
experience.

<chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2006-10-11 07:43 >>>
I believe you have to be on security level 30 for that to work, you can

create a job description with a user specified and then add a
workstation
name entry which specifies that job description and then the user signs

onto that workstation by pressing enter.

Chris

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11/10/2006 06:28:37:

---- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Klement" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: Bypass Signon for RF Scanners

Both of my answers do require programming -- so my apologies if
you're
not
a programmer.  Personally, I'm a programmer, so that's just the way
think of things :)  I've written both solutions at various times in
my
life -- if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go the "ACQUIRE"
route...
it's just a little less messy.

HTH

 Thanks for the replies....

What is killing me is that I seem to remember we handled this with no

special coding.  A devd or jobd that automatically logged in...
Something
to do with why we needed a special subsystem and the workstation
entries.

Maybe it is just old age setting in.

I know I can override the signon screen at the subsystem level.
Maybe
in
the DDS I could provide the default user/pass for this limited
account.
Would no bypass signon completely, but would reduce it to a press of
the

Enter.

The Acquire scenario sounds very interesting, but I have not done
something
that generically grabs sessions.  We have automated some of our UPS
billing
by using a dummy telnet session to simulate user keystrokes....

If we were to write a generic program to grab these sessions, how
would
we
know one was sitting on a signon screen?

Sorry for so many questions.  I feel a bit obsessed now -- need an
answer :)

Thanks!
JD

mailing