Mike,

What version of OS/400 are you running?  The "with dups as" is a Common
Table Expression (CTE) and has been supported since v5r2 or so I
believe.

Try:
Select distinct premise, meter
From mike
Where meter in (select meter
                from (select meter, count(distinct premise)
                      from mike
                      group by meter
                      having count(distinct premise) > 1
                     ) as dups
               )

/* Testing on v5r4 */

select * from mike
PREMISE  SEQ   METER
   X       1   9,999
   X       2   9,999
   Y       2   9,998
   Y       1   9,998
   Z       1   9,999

With dups as (select meter, count(distinct premise)
              from mike
              group by meter
              having count(distinct premise) > 1
             )
Select distinct premise, meter
From mike
Where meter in (select meter from dups)
PREMISE  METER
   X     9,999
   Z     9,999
Select distinct premise, meter
From mike
Where meter in (select meter
                from (select meter, count(distinct premise)
                      from mike
                      group by meter
                      having count(distinct premise) > 1
                     ) as dups