Count the number of spool files in the queue.  If it passes a certain
number, send emails internal and external.  Put it in the scheduler and
run it every x minutes.  We do this all the time.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:13 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Monitoring an output queue

Really not sure if that will help me if the printer is out of paper.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Albert York" <albertyork@xxxxxxxxx>
09/27/2006 05:08 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Monitoring an output queue

Your monitor program could PING the printer to see if it is still
active.

Albert