Joel ... I have done many FULL system restores using BRMS. We don't have a high
availability solution implemented in our shop, but we do utilize BRMS to backup
our entire system so we can recover at a hot site in the event of a disaster.

We test our disaster recovery plan at least once a year too. This involves
performing a full recovery of our system from BRMS created backup tapes.

In my opinion the BEST part BRMS is it's ability to easily recover an entire
system. BRMS creates detailed restore documentation after each save. This
documentation contains step-by-step instruction on how to recovery your system
including which tape volumes to mount for each step!

When you start a system recovery, all you have to do is make sure the tapes
requested by BRMS are mounted in the correct order in the tape drive. BRMS does
the rest. Then you can sit back, enjoy your coffee and read a good book while
BRMS does all the work.

I highly recommend BRMS. It has been the best backup/recovery solution I have
ever used.

Kenneth