I love that...

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ingvaldson, Scott
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 10:01 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: **SPAM** RE: AIX - i5/OS feature comparison was the notorious
Steve's soapbox

See: http://www.tug.ca/IBM-Ads/LaughingBoardroomCovered.wmv

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group

-----Original Message-----
date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:10:26 -0400
from: "Mike Cunningham" <MCUNNING@xxxxxxx>
subject: Re: AIX - i5/OS feature comparison was the notorious Steve's
        soapbox

There is a side to this that has not been considered yet. And that is
the number of OS licenses a shop purchases after making the choice of
which one. In my part of the world just about every iSeries shop I know
has one iSeries that runs many applications. Maybe a second smaller one
for development but most I know are like us, they develop and test on
the same system as production work runs on. Of those shops that I know
run AIX they usually have multiple RS/6000s for production and multiple
test systems. We have only one app that runs on AIX and yet that team
says they can't function if they don't have at least 2 systems and they
have asked for 3. When you move to Windows it gets even worse. Every app
needs two servers as they insist on clustering everything, there are 3
just for doing directory work, 2 for DNS, 3 web servers, 3 SQL servers
(and we don't even have one database with more than 5,000 records in it
on SQL), 2 portal servers, and the list goes on. The more of something
you sell the lower the cost per unit.