I liked the part that said:

"A USB diskette drive is required to load the initial IBM-supplied drivers if you are installing Linux on an Integrated xSeries Server."

What?! I can install Linux in an LPAR without the need for anything but an installation CD and virtual resources but I need a USB */Floppy/* drive to install Linux on an IXS? What is that all about? I don't know of any other Linux install that requires a floppy drive. Cool that you could use the USB ports for something but man, a floppy drive needed? Hmmmm

I'll continue to troll the net for some resources on my quest to install Linux on this ol' IPCS.
Thanks for the links.

Pete

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Tried to find the specs on that. Found an link to an old redbook on partitioning (must be old - mentions Lou Gerstner). Cute part was the link in 2.1 that says the requirements are in Appendix C - which does not exist.

But the V5R4 info center plainly lists your model as S.O.L.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rzalm/rzalmsystems.htm

However, it also has specs on what IPCS cards are supported.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rzau9/rzau9kickoff.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rzau9/rzau9hardwaresupport.htm

Another positive comment about InfoCenter.