From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wilt, Charles
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:50 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: MIDRANGE-L Digest, Vol 5, Issue 1682

"Since adding indexes can sometimes have adverse effects on some base
code"

Huh?

Since when, what adverse effect?

If you add lots of indexes on a volatile file, you could see a
performance hit due to index maintenance.  But other than that, I'm not
aware of any "adverse effects" indexes might have on base code.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121