Vern

From: Don <dr2@xxxxxxxx>

OK, time for me to weigh in on this.

I'm not sure why the tools guys haven't come up with a utility to do this
function yet. We've got several vendors out there with most of the GUI
already done and that do database to database conversion, downloads from
database(s) to .xls, yet the UPLOAD part is grossly missing.

I've personally buttonholed a few vendors (Linoma, Prodata, etc) to add
this to their offerings list in the last year, so please, those of you that
are going to Las Vegas or Miami, please push for something like this.

Preliminarily, I would see a product that does:

Upload with add/replace records into a PF/LF.
Select which fields to add/change simularly to how DBU does it's field
selection
Security - several ways to do this
FIELD MAPPING from column to field name in the database - be it DB2,
Oracle, etc...
Key field selection/sequencing
Audit log

The download part has been there for a long time...how about an UPLOAD
option?

Frankly, I think the first one that makes it to market will have a helluva
lot of sales...but that's JMHO...

Don in DC