Peter,

The only reason that it work without the leading slash is because by
chance your working directory happens to be  / (root).

I'd be willing to bet that the home directory specified in your profile
is '/home/usrname' and that it doesn't currently exist.  If this
directory gets created, for instance you install and start using WDSCi.
Then instead of your working directory default to / (root) it will be
your home directory.

At this point, your program would no longer work as it will be looking
for a file
/home/usrname/qsys.lib/qtemp.lib/temporary.file/temporary.mbr

What Scott is saying is that you should _ALWAYS_ fully qualify the path
when dealing with the QSYS.LIB file system of the IFS.  That means
always use the leading slash.

Remember the IFS is just like DOS/Windows/Linux/Unix.  A fully qualified
path starts with a lead / which is the root directory of the file
system.  If the lead slash isn't there then you are dealing with
relative path names that are subject to the whim of the directory you
are currently in.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America