Mark,

The plot gets thicker...

The AFPRSC keyword is currently only valid for spool files that are
transformed into PDF by Infoprint server.

From here:
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/62c08e2c0bfd35a886256b100068dd6
1/1ad308ccbeb4bd5286256fe90043ba35?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,AFPRSC
Or http://tinyurl.com/nuyrc

"V5R3 IBM(r) eServer(tm) i5 is required to use the new AFPRSC (AFP
Resource) DDS printer file keyword. The V5R3 IBM(r) Infoprint(r) Server
(product 5722IP1) IPDS to PDF transform supports this new DDS keyword.
We do not have information about any IBM(r) IPDS(tm) printer models that
support this new AFP Resource keyword yet. For information on IBM
printers, contact your marketing representative or the IBM Printing
Systems Company at 1-800-426-7378 and select Option 1. For information
on other printers, contact the vendor or manufacturer for that printer."

The IBM support person responded to my PMR worded the above like so:
"At this time, I don't know of any IPDS printer hardware models that

actually has AFPRSC support capabilities yet. The IPDS to PDF transform
is the only "printer" that I know of that has this support."

Not sure I agree that the processing is convoluted on the iSeries.
Simple text and simple graphical printing: included in OS
Complex graphical printing: need PSF/400 and *IPDS printers
Complex multi-source or electronic document handling: need PSF/400 and
Infoprint Server.

I think however, that in this day and age, it would behoove IBM to throw
PSF/400 and Infoprint Server in the base price of the OS.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121