From: Wilt, Charles CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:00:54 -0400
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Printing images from the /400

PSF/400 is _NOT_ required to print from the iSeries to *ASCII printers.

PSF/400 isn't used when printing *AFPDS spool files to *ASCII printers.
Instead, Host Print Transform (HPT) is used.

However, HPT does have limitations when it comes to transforming *AFPDS
into *ASCII.
1.3.3.1 HPT limitations
Host Print Transform has the following limitations or restrictions:
* AFP graphics (GOCA objects) are not supported
* Graphics (GDF) files are not supported
* GDDM fonts are not supported
* CHRSIZ DDS keyword is not supported
* Edge-to-edge printing is supported only by removing all no-print
border values
* The FIDELITY printer file keyword is ignored
* AFP to ASCII transform may need to be run in raster mode for better
print
fidelity, at the risk of poorer performance
* Impact printers are not supported
* Computer output reduction (COR) and multiple-up printing is not
supported
* Color barcodes are not supported
* Only 240 and 300-pel images may be transformed

You might want to consider using PSF/400 and IPDS printers or Infoprint
Server and PDF capable printers.

HTH,
Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America