From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Al Barsa
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:05 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: iSeries in SAN environment

IMHO, one of the reasons that you buy an AS/400 is to have one number to
call when it breaks.  One responsibility, one number.  I wouldn't even
entertain an IBM SAN solution.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             "Turnidge, Dave"

             <DTurnidge@OldRep

             ublicTitle.com>
             Sent by:                  "Midrange Systems Technical

             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion"

             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

             08/01/2006 11:54
Subject
             AM                        RE: iSeries in SAN environment

             Please respond to

             Midrange Systems

                 Technical

                Discussion

             <midrange-l@midra

                 nge.com>

That's interesting... The 'top' boss here, who is doing everything he
can to get the iSeries replaced with MSFT, kicked out the IBM SAN and
replaced it with EMC. Reason: quality of service... Yikes! So, I guess
it is the waiting game to see if a boat is coming down the stream... :-(

Dave