From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Terry Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 3:42 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Programmatically Pull the IP Address of The iSeries

message: 7
date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 15:08:14 -0400
from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
subject: RE: Programmatically Pull the IP Address of The iSeries

<snip>
When we are role swapped, the file needs to go to the DR iSeries.
</snip>
Excuse me, but we're looking at DR also.  Wouldn't the DR
iSeries change in some other fashion?

Yes it does. I wound up using the RTVNETA anyway to get the
name of the
iSeries. I ping that and it returns the IP address of the one they are
working on. See the code snippet below.

RTVNETA    SYSNAME(&SYSNAME)

PING       RMTSYS(&SYSNAME)
RCVMSG     MSGTYPE(*INFO) MSG(&MSGDTA)
CHGVAR     VAR(&IPADDR) VALUE(%SST(&MSGDTA 57 12))

CHGVAR     VAR(&PATH) VALUE('net use T: \\' *TCAT +
             &IPADDR *TCAT '\CMTEMP')

Like I said, its not pretty but it works. The divisions are swapping
back tomorrow. After we get through with that, I am going to look into
using gethostbyname.

Terry Anderson.

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion