protocols, including synchronous operations.

Select one of the following cables to attach to port
0(modem port):

    * #1010 Modem Cable - Austria
    * #1011 Modem Cable - Belgium
    * #1012 Modem Cable - Africa
    * #1013 Modem Cable - Israel
    * #1014 Modem Cable - Italy
    * #1015 Modem Cable - France
    * #1016 Modem Cable - Germany
    * #1017 Modem Cable - UK
    * #1018 Modem Cable - Iceland/Sweden
    * #1020 Modem Cable - HK/NZ
    * #1021 Modem Cable - Fin/Nor
    * #1022 Modem Cable - Netherlands
    * #1023 Modem Cable - Swiss
    * #1024 Modem Cable - Denmark
    * #1025 Modem Cable - US/Canada

Select one of the following cables to attach to port
1(RVX port):

    * #0348 - V.24/EIA232 20-Ft PCI Cable
    * #0353 - V.35 20-Ft PCI Cable
    * #0356 - V.36 20-Ft PCI Cable
    * #0359 - X.21 20-Ft PCI Cable
* #0367 - Operations Console PCI Cable (ships with a 25 pin to 9 pin adapter) o Multiple #0367 cables can be ordered but only one per #2793) to serve as consoles for secondary partitions when Logical Partitioning is utalized.

ECS is supported from both the modem port, and the RVX port. The following cable is required to support ECS from the RVX port:

    * #0348 - V.24/EIA232 20-Ft PCI Cable

The #2793 does not support the remote ring indicate function.

    * Attributes provided: One RVX port and one integrated modem port
    * Attributes required: One PCI slot (3 volt)
    * For 9405 - 520 (2793)
          o Minimum required: 0
          o Maximum allowed: 69 (Initial order maximum: 0 )
          o OS level required: i5/OS V5R2, or later
          o Initial Order/MES/Both/Supported: Refer to Feature

Pete Helgren wrote:

I am getting a error when I try to vary on an SDLC line on a brand new 520 at V5R3M0.. Doing some research I came across what I think is a direct hit on the problem but I don't understand the resolution. Could one of you hardware gurus chime in?

The description of the proposed resolution is from an IBM support document:

The 2793 2-port WAN adapter card (IOA) at Releases V5R3M5 and V5R4M0 supports only a PPP connection for ECS or Service Agent when operating in an IOP-less configuration. This is supported only over port 0 which is the internal modem port of the card. In IOP-less mode, port 1 (external RS-232 port) is non-functional. Moving the IOA to a position under a real IOP restores the functionality of port 1.

It's the "Moving the IOA to a position under a real IOP restores the functionality of port 1." Sounds simple enough (right?)....but how would you go about doing this?

Thanks,

Pete Helgren