I would concur with Al.  I have been to the iTera training.  Anyone who
does not have a good understanding of the System i, it's command, and it's
architecture would probably be very lost.  There is absolutely no
knowledge of the windows necessary for using Echo2.

In your case, I would definitely opt for the RPG programmer.  He/she
should have no problem at all with understanding and learning the Echo2
software.

By the way, the iTera training is some of the best I have ever seen in
over 30 years in this business.

Thank you,
Ronald L. Zimmerman
I.T. Applications Manager
Swiss Valley Farms, Co.      http://www.swissvalley.com
"The Good for You Company"
Email: Ron-Zimmerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Al Barsa <barsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/17/2006 08:44 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: iTera - Echo 2 Training input.

I've never been to iTera training, although I am a Lakeview/MIMIX BP.  I
suspect that a Win Environment person is the wrong person.

The likely candidate needs to know the System i, with a reasonable
knowledge of journaling and database.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             "Jake M"
             <jakeroc@xxxxxxxx

             Sent by:                  midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc

             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject

                                       iTera - Echo 2 Training input.
             07/17/2006 09:32
             AM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Good morning Pro's,
We have a dilemma this morning and hopefully I can get some input from the
pro's which could point us in the right direction. I was wondering if
anybody has attended the iTera training in Salt Lake City, UT. We are
trying
to send two personnel for the training and were wondering who would be a
good fit for the training. Does the trainee need to be very well versed
with
System i or just need to have good amount of knowledge about the libraries
and files.

    My first choice is a totally Win environment guy who barely uses
System
i. He just uses the DB2 to retrieve, update data. He has all the knowledge
about the libraries and files on our system. Our second choice is a RPG
programmer and he has no knowledge about Win environment whatsover. He
knows
our System i very well though. The second guy would be our Network Admin
so
we are good there.

    So, I was wondering if anybody had attended the training? If so, any
kind of input would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jake.
list