I had problems with my V5R4 upgrade also.  It took me two tries to get it
right.  Seems the first cut of the CDs I had kept losing track of the direct
connect Ops Console PC.  I had to order a new CD.

The second weekend we ended up doing the upgrade from the CDs instead of the
image catalog, because I didn't know that an IPL would unload the image
catalog.  So when I did the first IPL after my backup, it unloaded
everything (I thought I was ahead of the game).  Instead it took an hour and
still no amber light, I just called IBM who had me stop the process & start
over with a manual IPL from the control panel & load source "D".

I guess I get to live & learn the hard way.

Debbie Kelemen

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

(719) 272-2617

email:  <mailto:dkelemen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dkelemen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx