Vern

From: Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paul,

This works great. I didn't realize I could recreate my file on the 400,
instead of going to QDLS first.

Thanx,

Nick

PS - the fishing has been pretty good this year. I filled out a couple of
times a week or so ago. The dumb fish just wouldn't let me have a my
beer! :--)

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct (320) 679-6683
Toll free (800) 388-2155 ext. 6683
Fax (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx
06/28/06 10:23 AM
Please respond to
Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
cc

Subject
Re: Another question on getting a file to CSV format

Here's a sample of what one client is using:

cpytoimpf fromfile(ifpa/producer) tofile(ifpa/prodweb)
mbropt(*replace) rcddlm(*eor)
strdlm(*none) flddlm('^')

We are using a carat as the field delimiter because the data fields have
commas in them. Once the prodweb file is populated it is sent via FTP
straight to an SQL server as a .csv file. There is no reason to need to
put it into QDLS. As a matter of fact, you should not be using QDLS if you

can avoid it. Way too slow.
--

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.

Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/28/2006 10:09 AM
Please respond to
Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
cc

Subject
Another question on getting a file to CSV format

Hi all,

I am having a problem with getting a file to convert to a 'CSV' file. I
am at V4R5 on my 400.

When I use CPYTOIMPF and the file gets transferred onto my QDLS drive, the

data is garbage. The CCSID of my PF is 37.

Here is the command string I am using:

CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(NARONETIME/ANDCNV2) TOSTMF('qdls/it/andcnv2.csv')
RCDDLM(*CR) DTAFMT(*DLM) STRDLM(*NONE)

The reason I am doing this is because I have to create a Comma Delimited
File to FTP out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Nick