Our security is setup so that one person can create a report and another person can reprint it. Check special security functions, I think it is called print control *SPLCTL or something.

To simplify our management of user profiles, I created supplementary user groups with clusters of special capabilities
* can print other people reports
* can check joblog on co-worker who is hung
* can mess with configuration on equipment that is messed up
* can get into stuff not in standard library list, such as copy query/400 into different environment

Then I just add or remove people being in these secondary capabilities groups that are kind of named after the authorities they have been granted There may also be a way to mess with the security on an individual OUTQ, so you would have shared usage OUTQ that a cluster of users have access to each other's reports. There may be some reports you only want the user who created them to be able to access.

On a short term basis
1. Person who created the report, verbally tell person who wants the report, what person-A password is.
2. Person-B signs on as Person-A gets what they need.
1. Person-A changes their password.

There are a number of ways to automate cut & paste a print file into a regular file, then output back to print file, Sometimes you lose print features like how many lines skipped, page controls, bold, etc.

Depending on how someone connects to the 400, a printer can be defined, that is actually on a non-400 LAN, but is recognizable to the 400 as a valid printer. We currently do this with a PC printer in an office where several people have PC display station, printer shared between them and also available to get 400 reports. That concept could be applied to customers who need reports from us, so long as we are careful not to send 198 wide green bar reports that some PC printer cannot handle.

Until we changed our communications configuration, our tech support outfit had both a display station and a printer hanging on the end of how they connected to us, so they could look at our stuff, and also print stuff off of our system.

Take a look at your Client Access setup ... can you define a printer to the 400 spool file that also works for your PC, and can other people send 400 reports to it? Does it make any difference if your Client Access is hanging on the end of VPN/400 or some other remote access? Now VPN/400 access can be granted to any number of people who are not on your company staff.

Main problem with printers not directly on site is having someone who knows how to get the auto config to work when trying to send non-PC-printer stuff to that printer. The remote user needs to be printer-savvy enough to do things like have it print green bar reports on landscape PC format, and the 400 staff need to be wise enough to send reports that are friendly to that format.

We have reports setup to run from GO CMDSCDE, in various people's names.

Without resorting to SNADS, is there a way to send spool files to another
user on the same (or a different system)? I see in iSeries navigator that
it offers two options, one to send via TCP (which doesn't offer a way to
send it to a specific user id) and two, send via SNA.

I'm not looking to email or pdf the spool file. I just want a method like
option 1 that allows me to specify a user id and system name to send the
spool file to.

I have a user who had to rerun a job and the spool files are on her outq
and will remain there for almost a year. Hence the reason she would like
them sent to the user who should have originally generated them.

Thanks, Jerry

Gerald Kern - MIS Project Leader
Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator
IBM Certified RPG IV Developer
The Toledo Clinic, Inc.
4235 Secor Road
Toledo, OH 43623-4299
Phone 419-479-5535
gkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy this and all copies of this message.