Are you referring to the QZLC_SERVERLIST envvar? Or is there an actual PTF? I'd be interested in learning about the PTF if there is one.

Alternately, you can try running Samba on the iSeries via PASE. (I know how much you like PASE, Rob). It's been my experience that Samba's SMBCLIENT tool works a lot better than /QNTC.

---
Scott Klement  http://www.scottklement.com