The 9401-150 stuff is not available but the the 250 info
is, so start reading from here:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v4r5/ic2924/v4r5hwpdf/pdf/model250.htm

The 250 is close enough that these manuals should answer most of
your questions.

Paul Cull wrote:

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this list so hope that I’m posting to the appropriate forum.

I’ve just purchased an ancient 9401 model 150 for US $50 here in Brazil,
which came with nothing more than tower itself. It appears to IPL ok,
eventual given the system code A900-2000 which I suspect has to do with the
fact that it has no console attached.

It has an Ethernet RJ45 connect in the lowest slot, although I don’t know
any details about the configuration, machine name, IP address address etc.

I also have a version of IBM iSeries Access for Windows installed on my PC.

I haven’t had any success trying to get any signs of life out of my Ethernet
connection (the Console program seems to detect a host IP of 0.0.36.185,
which is invalid to Windows when I try to configure my PC to a nearby
address).

I am hoping to be able to use the Asynch console port to attach to the PC
but have no cable information about it’s pin outs.

Can anyone help with this? Would a standard RS-232C 9 pin cable with pins 2
and 3 crossed work?

Alternatively, is there way I can configure the TCP/IP access without
knowing anything about the machine’s configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Cull