The biggest reason in my book to use SQL is the fact that SQL created
tables/views perform better than DDS ones.

Yes, there's a few headaches to deal with concerning copying a schema to
another library, but those can be worked around.

RPG happily uses SQL defined tables/view/indexes but you have to
remember to use the RENAME keyword to rename the record.

All my new files are defined with SQL.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America