Hi Rob,

Thanks for the replys.

Comments below...

On 16 May 2006 at 9:12, rob@xxxxxxxxx (rob@xxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>)
commented about Re: I have a system with no objects and the users:

> If you are missing your shell files, then now is as good as time as any to
> finally move off of V4R4 and the upgrade should put your shell files back.

I am in the process of ugrading.  Until I finish the upgrade and the switch
over to a new box I have to keep the old one running.

> First, if you do a WRKOBJ QSYS/QAEZDISK does it exist?
Signed on as QSECOFR the file doesn't exist any place.

I'm guessing trying to move the file QAEZDISK from v5r3 wouldn't work
because I would probably  get a level check.  Could someone please put
the file QSYS/QAEZDISK from v4r4 into a sav file and email it to me?

> When one does the
> RTVDSKINF it does not update that one.  It uses it as a shell to copy to
> QUSRSYS.  Perhaps someone got a little zealous cleaning files and deleted
> all the shell ones in QSYS.

> If that is the case, RCLSTG will buy you nothing.
I did a RCLSTG before you sent this out and it didn't repair the file.

> Along that same vein I'd like some more detail as to what is in the joblog
> of the DSPOBJD... job.  That too uses a shell file.  Evidently it was
> created because you are seeing the file (or was it created sometime in the
> past?).

After doing the RCLSTG the DSPOBJD is working just fine.

Thank you,

Gary Kuznitz