From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:09 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Journalling of qtemp objects.

Listers,

Want your opinion.  On a V5R3 machine the following code:
declare global temporary table SD855H01 as (select * from
edifiles/SD855H01) with no data
Run under some user profile with limited security  returns
Not authorized to user profile QSYS.

However if I sign on as a high security user and run
GRTOBJAUT OBJ(QRECOVERY/QSQTTJRN) OBJTYPE(*JRN) USER(*PUBLIC) AUT(*OBJMGT)
Then it works fine for the other user.

IBM has an apar on this and I don't know if I should care but basically it
says that if the object in QRECOVERY does not exist then an attempt to
create it will occur.  If it can, then it will continue to journal the
files in qtemp.  However if some putz user signs on and the journal does
not exist then it will not create it and journalling of qtemp objects for
that user will not occur.  Don't know if I should care about this elitist
attitude towards journalling of qtemp objects.  What say you?  If someone
actually cares about journalling of qtemp objects and this may cause
additional programming to do rollbacks, etc; or is this not really a
concern?

APAR SE25334
QSQTTJRN journal and journal receiver are missing from the
QRECOVERY library. When automatically recreated, the journal is
missing *PUBLIC authority of *OBJMGT. This PTF fixes the
problem. The journal and journal receiver will only be
automatically recreated if the user profile has enough authority
to create the objects in library QRECOVERY and authority to
transfer ownership of the objects to QSYS user profile. If the
user profile does not, then the temp table will be created but
not journaled.