Charles and Luis,

Thanks for your help with saving the IFS. I may end up using a savefile in the end.

I don't have any remote Iseries (or AS/400's or System i's) attached, so I can skip Qfilesrv.400 and the other things you both have suggested.

I have only been concerned with the NETSEVER part of the IFS, so I didn't realize that QOPT was the CD drive. Interesting (but logical) that is also considered part of the IFS, as well as QSYS.LIB. . As a one man shop, I spend too much time putting out fires and not enought time digging into stuff I need to learn more about.

I am playing around with the SAVACT parm to see what the different results are. So far, I have discovered that it does not matter if I use *YES, or *NO(removing the parameter to take the default of *NO), it prevents my mail server from sending mail. That is not good and prevents me from testing during the work day.

I guess it's time to do a little work on figuring out the correct backup strategy for me.

---Dale