Neil,

Agreed and we'll most likely be seeing the ability to specify larger (and
smaller adjustments) in a future release.  We found one place that does 30
minutes adjustments!

Likewise we'll most likely allow the ability to specify different rules
for different points in time (like one set for US pre-2007 and a new rule
starting in 2007.

Thanks,
Bruce

Neil Palmer <neilpalmer400mr@xxxxxxxx>
05/09/2006 01:49 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Daylight Saving Time

Bruce,

I realise it's a little late to be following on to this topic, but one
thing I don't see considered in the time support provided in i5/OS is the
ability to handle DOUBLE DST.  It appears it ASSUMES the adjustment is
going to be 60 minutes.  That should have been a changeable field
defaulting to 60 minutes, to allow you to enter 120.  Newfoundland tried
double DST several years ago, I understand the subject has come up in the
UK, and that parts of the former USSR use it.

Neil Palmer, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada(This account not monitored for
personal mail,
remove the last two letters before @ for that)