From: Trevor Perry <mailto:tperry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical  <mailto:midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Discussion
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: Application design & architecture

Bill,

Yes - intent is key. Which is going to be different for every company, and
every suite of applications. And, it will be different when new applications

are added to the mix. A great SOArchitecture would allow flexibility to
cater for these.

As for rules, business rules are often in our application code. Some
development tools - Lansa, for example - have a repository of business
rules. So, file vs. program would be dictated by the tool you wish to use.
Here is an interesting example of a company that thinks applications can be
built without code: http://www.sdtimes.com/article/story-20060501-06.html
<http://www.sdtimes.com/article/story-20060501-06.html>  .
I wonder where the rules are?

Trevor