That should be TXTSETUP.OEM not OEMSETUP.TXT

Pete

Pete Helgren wrote:

I am attempting to install Windows 2003 SP1 (SBS) on a new IXS on a new i5. All was well until the reboot after the text based setup . Then I got the dreaded BSOD with STOP 0x0000007B (Inaccessible Boot Device). Apparently it isn't happy with the drivers that allow it to get to the virtual storage.

I did get a "Cannot copy OEMSETUP.TXT" error message during setup but I don't know where this would come from. 5722WSV IBM Integration for Windows Server and 5722WSV Integration for Windows 2000 and 2003 are installed. They are not at the VERY latest CUM ( C06045) but I checked the PTF's and didn't see any that pertained to Windows on the IXS that would explain this.

Any ideas? I am guessing that the OEMSETUP.TXT has the information about the virtual disk drivers but I haven't a clue where to look or how to add them even if I did find them. Usually those "special" drivers are prompted for (F6) during setup but I don't know where to find them.

I am following instructions from the Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Integration with iSeries redbook. Did I miss something?

Pete Helgren