Trevor

Trevor Perry wrote:
Why would you catalog books with a mouse OR a keyboard? If you have not noticed, books have BARCODES on them. Barcodes can be scanned, and there are databases of books that you could interface with (now there is a good idea for a web service) and enable your cataloging to be hands free!!

Well, apart from waving a book in front of R2D2...

One more data entry myth flushed!
You really do stick your neck out.  Careful you don't lose your head.

I have a small library of books. Very few have barcodes as they were printed long before these were invented. Go and look in the Library of Congress and find out what percentage of their holdings have barcodes. It's in Washington DC.

Rob Dixon
www.erros.co.uk

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Forlini"
Subject: Re: The Perpetual Myth of iSeries Obsolescence