"What about WRKACTJOB to *PRINT and then CPYSPLF to a physical file?"

I want to monitor my system 24/7 and the only time this job will end will
be at IPL, when the subsystem ends.  Today, we do what you just stated,
Elvis.  However, we are having a MCH3203 error (A machine function check
occurred)  I faced this in the past and, based on the definition of it and
some research, the most likely cause is that the program stack for a
routing step was nested too deeply.  This is probably due to repeated
calling of the programs.     I also found that generating a lot of spooled
files may cause this message to appear.

The joblog does not provide any additional information about this so what
I am planning to do is: (#1) to remove this logic of printing the WRACTJOB
status and saving it into a file and looking for the job status I am
looking for and do it directly into a file and read that file instead.  If
this does not work, I want to think about an effective way to have control
of this "nesting effect" I am having.

So I am on my test #1phase...

Peter Vidal
PALL Corporation / SR Programmer Analyst, IT Development Group
10540 Ridge Rd., Ste 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
http://www.pall.com

"Do not turn back when you are just at the goal."
Publilius Syrus (~100 BC), Maxims