thanks  martin...
  hidden field will be the best idea..i should use this approach as my pf is in
keyed sequence
  thanks once again

Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Subfiles need to be chained. As part of the subfile record I would
suggest a hidden field with the PF keys, unless the keys are displayed
on the subfile. The KLIST for the PF will need to be the fields from
subfile. You can do a simple DOW not %eof loop to read your subfile and
delete your PF record. Chain with an index, set to 1 before the loop,
and increment it as you go.

Another choice, if the PF file is not keyed, is to use the RRN and save
the RRN as a hidden field in the subfile, and chain with the RRN number
to the PF. This is particularly handy if you are processing a file and
do not want record locks,