Hi folks,

I couldn't find sufficient discussion on this in the archives, so after a
couple of hourse here goes here.

I've always done my non-default activation groups, binding etc., in situations
where I could program a call to a program with ACTGRP(*NEW), and then
ACTGRP(*CALLER) from there, in general.

However, I have a new interactive program call that I need to bind with a
service program (or two or three maybe), with procedures and so on, but in this
interactive report front-end I'll need to call existing prompting programs
(listing available values and so on and returning the selection, for example).
These existing programs in some cases are OPM programs (RPG-3).

The overrides in the bound set of programs, in their own *NEW activation group,
will generally be there of course, and overrides in the OPM programs called
from there will have their own, and overrides can cause a mess.

                Question: What are other gotchas to watch out for?

And another question that came to me, is, I have seen IBM documentation on the
API programs to the effect that it's okay to call an OPM API program (such as
QSNDDTAQ, I noticed) from an ILE non-default activation group with no problem.
If there are non-override gotchas as an answer to the first question, what
might be gotchas to any of the APIs.

And/or does anyone have experience with this mixed scenario?

.....Fuggeddaboudit answers are accepted with some chagrin....

--Alan