>From what I've seen on the net Mailwatch prices range from $5 to $2 per user
per month. If that's still the case then Mailwatch would be 3 to 6 times
more expensive than a StandGuard Anti-Virus subscription. Also, SGAV
provides many additional features like on-access scanning, on-demand
scanning, object integrity scanning, partition scanning, ..., that would not
be included in a service like Mailwatch. Likewise Mailwatch provides
valuable features like spam and content filtering. I'm not saying Mailwatch
is not worth looking into by any means, just trying to clarify a point that
could be taken the wrong way.

On the plus side they are using the McAfee scanning engine which is
excellent.

Mike Grant
Bytware, Inc.
775-851-2900

http://www.bytware.com

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tom Jedrzejewicz
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 1:43 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Corporate spam filter

We use a system called Mailwatch, which has been quite satisfactory.  They
have two spam filtering mechanisms and two anti-virus mechanisms.  The cost
is reasonable, likely less than the Standguard A/V subscription, and it is
pretty much set and forget.  It can be configured to do other things that
make managing email easier.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail
message contain information that may be privileged and confidential.  This
e-mail and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity named above (the recipient) and may not be forwarded to or shared with
any third party.  If you are not the intended recipient and have received this
e-mail in error, please notify us by return e-mail or by telephone at
775-851-2900 and delete this message.  This notice is automatically appended to
each e-mail message leaving Bytware, Inc.