Do you have users accessing AS/400 jobs via Client Access?
You know the "X" in the upper right corner of Windoze?.
Perhaps we need a variant that does not have that "X".

There are many reasons some task can temporarily get sluggish, leading to people to think that something is locked up, and they not know why, so reboot their PC the hard way.

You can make it more difficult for users to do abnormal terminations, but you cannot make it impossible.

The answer to this kind of thing is to have software with tools to recover from abnormal termination, and to detect the damage from same.

You know, there are users who inform IT of incidents, we investigate, and fix things, then there are users who have abnormal terminations, try to continue their work as if nothing happens, and IT does not find out so promptly that something is messed up. A company that relies on the users to inform IT of problems, is a company that is mucked up pretty good.

Is there a setting we can do to users to stop them from ending their
jobs? We had a user end a job yesterday that should not have been ended.