Database monitor is STRDBMON/ENDDBMON. It can be run over an entire system or over selected jobs. Result is an outfile that has a bunch of different record types for each kind of information. It is what is used by Opsnav when you start an SQL monitor. I don't think Opsnav will use an existing data set, don't remember. The link

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/db2/dbmonqrys.htm

has queries you can use to analyze the data, including one for the indexes advised most often. And this link

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp0502.pdf

is an excellent resource for this monitor. A number of the authors are/were from the database performance group in Rochester.

I found those by going to www.iseries.ibm.com/db2 and putting "strdbmon" in the search field. They are also there under various headings under support.

You might also consider contacting Centerfield Technology (used to be called Bradenmark, product name used to be Database Essentials), a former employer of mine. They have a service called database/ASSESSMENT that has you run their command, including the monitor, for a while, then you send the results to them and they give you a report with recommendations, including possible impact of adding indexes. Makes a good one-shot option. www.centerfieldtechnology.com is the site and one of the posters to this list, Elvis Budimlic, works there.

HTH
Vern