Just be aware that this technology opens up its users to a spectrum of new types of crimes. I have seen multiple stories about incidents like these. i do not believe they are all April Fool stories.
   * Carjackers swipe biometric Merc, plus owner's finger
   * Source: The Register
   * Date Published: April 4, 2005
* Malaysian accountant K Kumaran lost his finger when car thieves stole his S-Class Mercedes with biometric security. The thieves force Mr. Kumaran to start the car for him, using a fingerprint. However, this would force them to keep the accountant with them every time they wanted to start the car. Instead, they decided to chop off Mr. Kumaran's finger and take it with them. While many tout biometrics as stronger security, some argue it only slows down criminals and kidnappers, or drives them to such extreme measures as severing a victim's limb. Improved biometrics, such as a system that check to make sure a finger is attached to a person, may induce criminals to resort to kidnapping for auto thefts. Such incidents demonstrate that at times a person may want to be able to easily disable security. * <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/04/fingerprint_merc_chop/>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/04/fingerprint_merc_chop/

Wayne,

>Forgive the rant, but if we continue on our present course, >we'll ALL
have RF chips imbedded in us, not just the >animals.

Odd that you would write this the same day my local paper printed this
story...

Implanted chip opens new doors