Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 10:50 PM
Subject: Twinax console refuses to give signon screen

I am stumped with this one.  I have a 170 that I usually have a console
connected to but the thing is bulky and takes up space so I unplugged it
and put it away.  Now that I need it, I can't get the thing to give me a
signon screen.  I tried 3 different terminals.  Three different twinax
cables and even a different 4 port "brick" I borrowed from another
machine.  No joy.  I can delete  DSP01 and it will autoconfig another
one (at address 0 port 0 on the correct controller)  but the cursor just
hangs on the right hand side of the screen.  No signon.

I *think* I have ruled out a hardware problem.  There are no messages.
No SRC's. Nuthin'. It has to be a configuration issue but I sure can't
think of anything I might have missed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete Helgren