Obviously I did.  He's going to have to find a piece of trailer trash to
run on in the meantime.  A model 170 (they are just about free today) will
go to V5R3.  If I recollect correctly, there were some 170's that required
V4R5.  I looked at my last 170 presentation from '99, and there was no
mention.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             "Wilt, Charles"
             <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion"
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             03/23/2006 12:43                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: Going from v4r4 to v5r3 or 4

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Al,

I think you may have missed the post where the OP mentioned he is on a
150 and can't go above v4r4.

Gary,

I'd think this might be a time to consider hiring a BP to handle this
process.  Standard upgrades or same level RISC-RISC migrations are no
that big of a deal, but this....I wouldn't want to do it on my own as
there is no IBM supported method for doing it.

Good luck,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343