 Hi James,  A few questions . . .  What would be the business purpose of
journalling?  How would it be used?  What benefits?What size machine
(processor, disk, memory) do they have?  What is available to be used?What
level of activity do they have on this machine? Do they have a DBA? What are
your customer's specific concerns? Joe P.S. We journal all databases (test,
qua, prd) in our environment with remote journalling to a central data
partition.  Intitially there were concerns from others when it was started.  It
has ended up being benefical in ways not anticipated and will be more
beneficial in the future.--- On Thu 03/23, James H H Lampert <
jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:From: James H H Lampert [mailto:
jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxx]To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:06:27
-0800Subject: Journaling not practical?!?!My fellow geeks:We've got a customer
claiming that their system is too big, with too many sensitive files, to
journal everything.This sounds like a
cop-out to me, particularly given that IBM is actively encouraging users to
journal EVERYTHING, and that much of the SQL functionality won't even deal with
non-journaled files unless you explicitly tell it it's OK to do so.Could
anybody suggest how or why this wouldn't be a cop-out, and/or a polite way to
tell them they're sucking antimatter if they think journaling isn't
practical?--JHHL-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
(MIDRANGE-L) mailing listTo post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,visit: