Have a requirement to create a read only file in the IFS using java.

The file is created with the following permissions when viewed in pase:

-r--r--r--  1 WAO  0                   142 Mar 17 11:16 output.cont

I can execute "cat output.cont >> output.cont" whilst I would expect that to
fail in other unix environments.

Looking at the file attributes via WRKLNK I can see that the file is "Read
Only = No", and I can't see how I would change that to yes.

For reference, the java component is being tested on multi-platforms using a
standard test case. All tests are good on other platforms, but the iSeries
is failing this step to ensure that the files created are truly read-only.

Anyone got any tips?

Cheers,

Dave

"Dammit Smithers, this isn't rocket science, it's brain surgery."