I have a thought I would like to confirm with the group. This seems
feasible after reading the B&R guide. I have a disaster recovery box
that we periodically restore our operating system and then libraries to
in order to test our disaster recovery procedures. Usually the disk
configuration does not change but I have previously gone through the
documentation to restore and initialize the system and then have to add
the disk units back to the asp. This adds about 4 to 5 hours on to our
restore time.

My thought is, as long as my disk configuration does not change, could I
not clear the data off of my disks (other than OS400 stuff) and do an
OS400 install, keeping the same disk configuration, and then restore my
libraries?

Maybe I am making this harder than what it has to be.

Thanks,

Dave