Hi Wayne,

Without looking at the code for the Mmail utility I can only guess. If it is
using the QtmmSendMail API then it needs to create a MIME-encoded file
somewhere in the IFS. When the API returns control, it has not really sent
the email, it has queued it for processing and unlinking (don't ask about
this in /tmp!) somewhat asynchronously by the MSF subsystem. If the same IFS
file name is used each time, then the 5 second delay is there to (hopefully)
allow the MSF subsystem to actually send the email and unlink the stream
file. Where I have coded using QtmmSendMail, I have attempted to use a
unique file name for each MIME-encoded IFS file to take into account the
asynchronous implementation of the email processing kicked off by the
QtmmSendMail API.

Regards,

Kevin Wright.