I thought of that too, but I couldn't figure out a way to determine what
SUBSYSTEM I was running in with a CL command.  But yes, I did decide on
using QUSRJOBI API.  It's working wonderfully, at least in the TEST
environment it is.  ** ALL SMILES**

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             "Trevor Perry"
             <tperry@cleartech
             nologies.net>                                              To
             Sent by:                  "Midrange Systems Technical
             midrange-l-bounce         Discussion"
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             03/06/2006 01:11                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: Prevent Operator From Running
                                       Backup From Console's Alternate
                                       Job
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

It seems like all you have to do is check what subsystem the job is running

in..? If it is in QCTL, it won't get stomped on - QINTER and it will get
stomped on....

Use QUSRJOBI API
(
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/apis/qusrjobi.htm
)
or RTVJOBA and look at the RUNPTY, maybe??