 Hi Scott,  Since each program has its own printer file and assuming that they
are external printer files with different formats/fields, the print can not be
combined using a simple override. You can achieve the same results by copying
the spool files to a database file and printing from the database file. For
example (and this is by memory without a manual for command syntax): PgmA -
crtpf qtemp/splf rcdlen(199)- ovrprtf *prtf hold(*yes) save(*yes) . . .- call
PgmB- cpysplf PrtfB qtemp/splf job(*) splnbr(*last) prtctl(*FCFC)- dltsplf PrtB
job(*) splnbr(*last)- call Pgm C
- cpysplf PrtfC qtemp/splf job(*) splnbr(*last) prtctl(*FCFC)- dltsplf PrtC
job(*) splnbr(*last)- dltovr *prtf - ovrprtf qprint prtctl(*fcfc)- cpyf
qtemp/splf qprint I hope this helps Joe Kempenich --- On Mon 02/27, Scott
Johnson < sjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:From: Scott Johnson [mailto:
sjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Mon, 27 Feb 2006
18:22:16 -0600Subject: Multiple Programs to One Spool FileNot sure if this is
possible or not. I want to have multiple programs in one job stream print to
the same spool file. Each program has its own prtf. Each prtf has different
records/layouts. More or less, I have a report program that calls separate
programs for the first page(s) and last page(s) of the needed report. The
report program itself provides the detail for the middle pages. I am pretty
sure I have to use ovrprtf, but I am unsure of where to place them and with
what parms.PgmA calls PgmB.PgmB uses PrtfB and prints to spool file.Control
returns
to PgmA.PgmA uses PrtfA and prints to spool file.PgmA calls PgmC.PgmC uses
PrtfC and prints to spool file.Control returns to PgmA.PgmA ends.--
ThanksScott-- This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L)
unsubscribe, or change list options,visit: